The Citizens of Antiford stand in solidarity with the black community, who have been victimized for too long by an indifferent nation and by systemic racism. It’s imperative that together we join in the fight against racism, injustice, and marginalization. George Floyd was murdered. Breonna Taylor was murdered. Ahmaud Arbery was murdered. Too many names. Too many sons, fathers, wives, daughters and friends murdered. For too long a racist society has relied on systemic police brutality to commit acts of violence against the black community, violating their civil rights.
These acts of violence and racism must end. We state unequivocally: Black Lives Matter.
Since we recognize that words alone mean nothing, the Citizens of Antiford commit to making the following changes and taking action.
- …to empathetically listen to people of color about their experiences.
- …to make issues of race and justice part of an ongoing conversation.
- …to use our platform to promote underrepresented voices.
- …to being allies of the black community against systemic racism and police brutality.
- …to being a welcome inclusive community to people regardless of race, gender, gender identity or sexual preference.
We understand our role as storytellers and world builders that borrow from periods of history where racial injustices were performed and further sewn into our society's fabric. We attempt to neither recreate nor ignore those ills of history. We can be better. We must be better.
If you wish to find more information and resources, a valued member of our community has collected some here.
In the spirit of not simply being performative, not simply non-racist, but actively helpful, we have made a donation to Color of Change.