Terms of Service
Published works will be licensed under the latest Antiford Content License, except where unlawful, in which case the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 shall apply.
Comments intended as an extension of the published work, are consdered published works.
Comments that are not intended as an extension of the published work are licensed under the CC0 1.0, which is a less legally grey version of public domain.
You must agree to the Code of Conduct.
Additionally, these specific actions will result in enforcement as outlined in the Code of Conduct’s “Enforcement Guidlines”:
- Repeatedly using this website for off-topic (e.g. non-steampunk blogs, non-Antiford stories) content
- Repeatedly neglecting to provide attribution when required or appropriate
- Phishing or otherwise leading people to malicious software
- Linking or embedding images meant to jump-scare, without warning
- Failure to use “strong language” label when adult levels (e.g. US film ‘R’ rating) of profanity are used in a story
- Linking or embedding erotic/sexual text without clear labeling (e.g. “mature” label)
- Posting of pornographic media
- Repeatedly commenting in ways unrelated to the comment thread or piece it replies to
- Unapproved significant use of a character that has a strong association with an author (e.g. “steamsona”)
Only the authors of each piece of content (stories, comments, etc) are responsible for, or necessarily endorse, their own content on this website. This is due to the user generated nature of the content.
Agreeing to these terms does not prevent you from arranging special terms with Citizens of Antiford, LLC.
We reserve right to suspend your account and rights to its content, following violation of these Terms of Service. We make it our policy to attempt to resolve issues before doing so.
We reserve the right to change these terms of service.
Antiford Code of Conduct
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind towards other members
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Community leaders are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to the community leaders responsible for enforcement at email@example.com . All complaints will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly.
All community leaders are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
Community leaders will follow these Community Impact Guidelines in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private, written warning from community leaders, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
3. Temporary Ban
Community Impact: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
4. Permanent Ban
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the community.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.0, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html.
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla’s code of conduct enforcement ladder.
For answers to common questions about this code of conduct, see the FAQ at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/faq. Translations are available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/translations.
Antiford Content License 4.0
- The fictional body of work associated with the website including, but not limited to: the fictional steampunk world of Orr, the nation Antiford, the ‘Citizens of Antiford’ branding and stories involving them.
- Citizens of Antiford LLC
- The business entity which owns the copyrights to Antiford, whose members are Justin Thibault, Meghan Koda, and Samuel Sarette.
- The licensee. The person using the website or Antiford.
- Those who fit neither the Citizens of Antiford LLC, nor ‘You’ definitions, third parties.
- the website
- https://citizensofantiford.com - The website that hosts the products and services surrounding Antiford, property of Citizens of Antiford LLC.
- intended for or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation.
- Antiford actvities
- Activities including, but not limited to, stories, merchandising, role play, cosplay, and events that require or benefit from the use of Antiford.
Citizens of Antiford LLC Has Rights To The Following:
- Your works published on the website or that include Antiford.
- To censor, unpublish, or remove your works from the website.
- To use your work or elements therein in commercial and/or non-commercial Antiford activities.
- To grant you or others the right to commercial Antiford activities.
- To deny you or others the right to non-commercial Antiford activities.
You Have Rights To The Following:
- Non-commercial Antiford activities, unless otherwise denied by Citizens of Antiford LLC.
- To ask permission of Citizens of Antiford LLC to perform commercial Antiford activities.
- To deny Citizens of Antiford LLC or others the right to credit you, reference you, or use your nonfictional likeness in their use of your works or elements therein.
- Is private by default
- Is not shared with other members, unless explicitly allowed (whitelisted).
- Is not shared with non-members
Information That Can Be Shared With The Public
- Fictional Character Information
- Published works