We've decided upon the theme for the next book, the next collection of Antiford community-written stories. Gizmos & Gadgets!
That means channeling your inner Jules Verne. To use technology as a vehicle to tell a story.
We seriously recommend looking at his list of his works for inspiration.
If you're in a visual/gaming mood, check out a wonderful steampunked-up adaptation, 80 Days for computers and mobile devices.
- Target 19,000 words. A bit less or plenty more is fine.
- There must be interesting historical or steampunky technology in the story.
- The technology in the story must be prominently featured, whether several things throughout a tale or one important thing helping drive the plot.
- Stories must be able to work with Antiford canon.
- You must have a full draft, hopefully not your first, by July 2019.
We expect that some people will draw from history, some will draw from Antiford's pre-existing technology, and some will invent or create new things for our world.
When you have ideas for technologies, we recommend you get pre-approval (avoiding extra rewrites) by messaging the Order of the Badger via email or group chats - the usual rule applies: two to approve, but all three to be sure / nice.
We want to work with you to help tell a story you're interested in writing that will fit in the world.