My Name is Lt Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios, here I'm known as Lt Joel Arnett or Kent Nicholas. I'm known for some of my writings on the sight, like Rise of the Scorpion or Glassless Garden. All eyes roll at how large they are.
However, I want to try something new. All of our contests and suggestions are always falling flat. Well, I want to try a flash writing exercise. Now, without a further ado, I present:
Antiford's Flash Flood
Antiford is experiencing a dry spell. Although the citizens are not worried, many have taken notice. Now it's up to a group of writers to help flush out some color in the world.
Your mission is to write a short story. That's right, a Short Story. How short? Try 250 words! Seriously? Nah, not seriously. Your goal is to write a short story with a goal of being around 300 words. Under no circumstances go over 500 words.
Why should we, Nathan? This is a waste of my time! Well, picture this: At conventions or events, Citizens of Antiford can discuss what it is we do here on the website. What do we do? We write! Drawings, props, sculpting? Those aren't on this site. We don't have artists sharing those on our website. No, we have words. We have stories. Now... we cannot very well hand them A VonKressar Adventure or a Arnett novel can we? They are big. They are walls of text. No, go ahead. Find a good story on the website that is complete and not a wall of text. I'll wait.
Finished? Not easy... so we need something we can display. About half a page of words. A short, good story. With relate able or hate able characters. A decent setting. A well developed plot.
So, here's the deal:
- Min 100 words
- Goal roughly 300 words
- Absolute max 500 words
- Must be stand-alone
- Must be completed
- Must be canon
What Can I Write About?
- Write About Your Character
- Write About Another Character
- Write About An NPC
- Write About a World Event
- Of Sand and Water- Diederich Erick VonKresser
- Timothy's Garage- Lucas M Buford
- There is Something in the Woods- Sethe Bishop
- No Escape- Leopold P Featherstonhaugh
- Kasey's Story- Joel Arnett
- Specks of Paint- Lucas M Buford
- Fresh Off the Boat- Joel Arnett
- Thirst- Phinneus C Cromwell
- Open Book- Astrid Westergaard
- Thoughts of a Victim as if Written on Paper- Sethe Bishop
- Of a Monster and a Mouse- Bird Von Wal
- Love Letter- Diederick Erick VonKresser
- A Chance Meeting- Olivia A Adams
- The Body of Wilhelm Karsett- Nester Delgado
- Fist of the Technocrats- Leo Swift
- Fairly Adventurous- Eugenia Addelfellow
- Hours- Bird Von Wal
- The Box- Abigail Beatrix Cormac